How do I get Obamacare?Obamacare is working well in California. Visit www.Coveredca.com. It is really easy to get a quote. Just enter your zip code, age and income level. You can apply online as well.
Obamacare was intended to help Americans who could not previously afford health insurance get insured. People with bad health (heart disease, obesity, cancer) often were denied coverage or charged a very high premium. Now these folks are charged the same rate as everyone else. People with low income were often priced out of the insurance market as well. It was not reasonable to expect a person making $25,000 a year to spend 15% of their income on health insurance. Under ObamaCare people making under $48,000 per year are eligible for premium assistance.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZ2JufO9yOg - In this video I show you how a 30 year old earning $25,000 per year can get a policy for just $18 per month.Back to TopWhy use an insurance broker?
An insurance broker can save you time, money and headache. Just like an accountant or lawyer who provides you with professional advice, based on years of training and experience, a qualified broker can do the same with your insurance.
Whether it's home, car, life or business insurance, brokers provide advice and assistance to make sure you are properly protected.
Using a broker won't cost more. Often it costs less because brokers have knowledge of the insurance market and know where to look for the best deal. A broker will also explain your policy and any special situations you need to watch out for. Some brokers will charge their customers a fee, but at Pfeifer Insurance brokers we will not.Back to TopDo all Insurance Companies offer the same Coverages?
No. Each insurance company will offer many of the same basic coverages, but the insurance companies will vary greatly when it comes to the specialized coverages.Back to TopHow much Liability Insurance do I need?
It depends entirely on your individual situation. Generally speaking, the more you have to protect, the more coverage you should have. In order to help you determine the right amount, please give us a call. Back to TopHow much Life Insurance do I need?
Ask yourself the following questions:
Back to TopWhat factors are considered in determining the price of an auto policy?
- How much of the family income do I provide?
- If I were to die, how would my survivors, especially my children, get by?
- Does anyone else depend on me financially, such as a parent, grandparent, brother or sister?
- Do I have children for whom I would like to set aside money to finish their education in the event of my death?
- How will my family pay final expenses and repay debts after my death?
- Do I have family members or organizations to whom I would like to leave money?
- Will there be estate taxes to pay after my death?
- How will inflation affect future needs?
Back to TopWhy is that home prices have gone down, but insurance has not?A lot of factors go in to the cost of insuring a home. The market value of a house is not one of them.
Some of the major factors of the cost of insurance are:
1) the cost to rebuild the home in the event of a total loss. (Building materials, labor . . . ) Although home prices have decreased in much of the country the cost of building homes has not necessarily decreased.
2) the likelihood of a loss in that area (proximity to brush fire and fire departments, likelihood of a natural disaster, number of break-ins . . . )
3) prior claims filed on that house or by the person seeking insurance
4) value of the contents inside the house.Back to Top Can I buy insurance if I don’t have a US drivers license?Yes. We have companies who will insure drivers with international or foreign drivers licenses. We have ins sured a lot of Drivers with Mexican drivers licenses or Chinese Drivers Licensees.
- Driver's number of years of experience.
- At fault accident history
- Moving Violation history
- Make, model and year of car
- Where you live
- Number of miles car is driven
- Coverage required
- Deducible selection
- Applicable Discounts - anti theft devices, good student, safe diving course
Some insurance companies will even insure owners of vehicles who have no license at all. You will be required to have someone else drive your car if you have no license at all. Back to TopHow do I get an SR-22?An SR22 is a form required by the Department of Motor Vehicles that provides proof ofCalifornia mandated liability insurance. Most insurance companies that we work with will provide this form at no extra cost. Back to TopHow long can my child stay on my health insurance?Under the provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ObamaCare) a dependent child can be covered on their parent's health insurance policy until they turn age 26. After you blow out the candles on your birthday cake when you turn 26 you have 60-days to obtain your own health insurance coverage. If you fail to do so within that 60-day period then you will be unable to enroll in ObamaCare compliant major medical insurance until the next open enrollment period for an effective date of the first of the year. In 2014 the open enrollment period begins on November 15th and the earliest date your coverage could go into effect would be on January 1, 2015.
If you have missed your 60-day enrollment window then you could possibly take out a Short Term Major Medical policy to cover you until you can enroll in ObamaCare compliant coverage. Please be aware that Short Term Major Medical policies do not cover pre-existing conditions, some can decline you for coverage entirely, and they do not meet the individual mandate requirements of ObamaCare for the purposes of avoiding the individual mandate tax penalty.Back to TopWhat is a personal Umbrella Policy?Umbrella insurance is extra liability insurance. It is designed to help protect you from major claims and lawsuits and as a result it helps protect your assets and your future. Back to Top