The Second Amendment to the Constitution protects the rights of Americans to keep and bear arms. Yet what happens when a law-abiding citizen is forced to use their weapon to protect themselves or their loved ones? Many homeowner policies specifically exclude firearm use- even in self defense. That leaves the gun owner personally liable. Fortunately there is a program that you can enroll in that will protect your assets in the event of a lawsuit.
You can purchase a firearm liability policy designed to protect individuals against civil or criminal actions resulting from the use of a gun in self defense. We offer a number of limit options, ranging from $50,000 to $2,000,000. Annual premiums start at $135
CONSIDER SOME OF THE FEATURES OF OUR OFFERING:
- Civil Actions – Legal Defense. Provides expert legal counsel to protect you against civil litigation arising out of the covered use of a firearm for self-defense.
- Civil Actions – Indemnity. In the event of an adverse civil judgment occurring from a covered event, the policy will pay monetary awards (up to the limit of liability).
- Criminal Actions – Legal Defense Reimbursement. Policy will reimburse insured for reasonable legal expenses incurred while defending him/herself against criminal charges arising from the use of a firearm in self-defense (up to the limit of liability).
- Criminal Actions – Legal Defense Retainer. Advances funds to the insured to cover the cost of retaining legal counsel to defend against a criminal action.
- Criminal Actions – Bail Bond. Advances funds to cover the cost of securing a bail bond.
- Compensation While in Court. Compensation for loss of earnings resulting from time off taken from work to assist the insurance carrier in the investigation or defense of a covered claim.
- Firearm Theft Civil Liability. Provides legal defense for civil actions resulting from bodily injury/property damage caused by firearm stolen from the insured.
- Psychological Sessions. Reimbursement for therapy sessions with a licensed professional to help the insured cope with the trauma associated with using a firearm in self-defense.
- Legal Defense Hotline. Access to a hotline staffed by legal professionals. This service is provides advice on questions relating to the use of a firearm in self-defense.